tools   contact us site map newsletter euro converter

:. For your stay
:. Events
:. Information
:. How reach Fiesole

home / useful info / for your stay / health care
Health care

Tourists from countries within the European Union as well as countries that have agreements with Italy (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Switzerland, Croatia, Macedonia, Tunisia, Cape Verde, Monaco, San Marino, and the Fed. Rep. of Yugoslavia - Serbia e Montenegro - as well if you are equipped with form E111 or equivalent, released in country of origin a the time of departure) have access to the Italian health services.

The Health Booklet
In case of need, tourists from EU and the above-mentioned countries which have agreements with Italy can go to any Foreign Offices (Ufficio Estero) located within the city government offices (Comune). The office will give you a green or white Health Card that is valid for a maximum of 6 months. With this card tourists can visit doctors or pediatricians. A list of doctors and pediatricians is assigned by the Foreign Office. The Health Booklet is made up of two parts:
  • First booklet with tickets that can be used for general medical visits; doctors can then prescribe further appointments if necessary (with specialists, for exams, medicine, etc.);
  • Second booklet with tickets for eventual services ordered during a general medical visit (with specialists, for exams, medicine, etc.).
Tourists who do have the E111 form, or equivalent, are required to respect Italian laws, and, therefore, must pay any eventual ticket costs. Tourists who come from countries outside of the EU and those which do not have any agreements with Italy do not have access to the E111 form and must therefore pay full medical costs.